We encourage all students to use the free parking lots and garage located on campus. Parking your vehicle on campus means it will be in a location that is monitored by CPS staff. By parking your vehicle in the garage, it will also be protected from inclement weather conditions such as hail, rain, and snow.
All vehicles that utilize parking areas on campus must be registered with Campus Public Safety (CPS) and display an Aurora University parking permit, which remains valid throughout your time of attendance at AU. The permit should remain affixed to your vehicle’s windshield.
However, if your vehicle does not currently display a valid parking permit, you must register your car with CPS to be issued a valid parking permit. All Aurora University parking lots are restricted to “permit only” vehicles. New or replacement permits are available all day, 7 days a week, in our office located at 1405 Prairie Street.
Parking Lots and Restrictions
Day and Evening Parking
- All students, faculty, and staff are permitted to park in any parking lot, from 6 a.m.–11 p.m.
- Overnight parking is restricted to Vago North, Vago South, Southlawn, and the parking garage. Click here to see the location of these parking areas.
- Vehicles must be removed from all other lots by 11 p.m.
- Faculty and staff who are required to be on-campus during these hours due to work-related responsibilities may park in the lot closest to the building in which they are working.
- For vehicles parking overnight, 11 p.m. to 6 a.m., the designated parking lots are Vago North, Vago South, Southlawn, and the parking garage. Vehicles parked in any other lot during these hours will be ticketed.
- In the event that you will be driving a non-registered vehicle temporarily, free temporary parking permits are available at CPS to avoid citations.
- If you receive a citation, payment can be made at the Office of Student Accounts. In the event that any of your information or registered vehicle license plates change, please notify CPS immediately.
Aurora University is NOT responsible for any damages that occur to your vehicle while parked on Aurora University property. You are encouraged to check this on a regular basis to view any changes or announcements from our office. We can also be contacted by email at email@example.com or telephone at (630) 844-6140 or ext. 6140 from a campus phone.
Campus Public Safety has the right to reserve parking for any upcoming events. Please observe and obey all cones or signs that are posted. Reserved parking for special events must be sent to the Director of Campus Public Safety for approval.