Each year, about 40 percent of our entering class is comprised of transfer students — people who believe AU’s supportive, student-centered environment will help them finish what they started.
We consider students for transfer admission who have:
- Completed 15 semester hours of transferable work at a regionally accredited institution
- Earned a cumulative grade-point average of at least a 2.0 at previous colleges/universities
Transfer Application Deadlines:
- Spring 2019: January 2, 2019
- Fall 2019: August 19, 2019
How to Apply
- Complete the free online application for admission.
- Submit your official transcripts.
- If you have 60 or more hours of credit, you only need to submit transcripts from other colleges or universities that you attended.
- If you have 15 to 59 hours of credit, you will need to submit a photo of your high school diploma or your high school transcripts and your college transcripts.
- If you have 15 to 29 hours of credit, you will need to submit your high school and college transcripts as well as ACT or SAT scores.
Official transcripts should be sent to:
Office of Admission
347 S. Gladstone Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
If possible your high school or college can send your official, encrypted transcripts electronically to AU-ETranscripts@aurora.edu.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will automatically be considered for academic and need-based scholarships when your application for admission is complete and FAFSA has been submitted.
Your admission representative will work with you to determine if your previous coursework can be transferred to AU. We accept credit if it meets the following criteria:
- Earned from a regionally accredited institution
- Earned a grade of at least a C-
- Compares to credit offered at AU
- Applies to programs offered by AU
Community College Transfer Credit
Aurora University will accept up to 68 transferable credit hours from community colleges. Students who have earned an associate's degree from a regionally accredited college may have met all lower-division general education requirements. Students who do not have an associate's degree will be required to complete all AU general education requirements, either through transfer coursework and/or AU coursework.
Check out our transfer guides to see which of your courses from area community colleges will transfer.
Date: Wednesday - June 19, 2019
Time: 8:00 am
Location: Hill Welcome Center
Date: Wednesday - July 10, 2019
Time: 4:30 pm
Location: University Banquet Hall
Date: Friday - July 12, 2019
Time: 1:00 pm
Location: Perry Theater