You’ve worked hard to get here. That’s why Aurora University provides a comprehensive merit scholarship program in recognition of all you’ve accomplished. We are ready to make our investment in you because we know that the AU community will be better with you as part of it.
No special application is required for merit scholarships, so make sure your application for admission is complete. First-year Freshman Scholarships will be determined by a holistic review of each student on factors beyond GPA and optional test scores. You’ll be notified of your merit scholarship soon after your acceptance to AU.
Please contact your admission counselor with any questions.
First-Year Merit Scholarships
First-year students will be considered for ONE of the following scholarships. These scholarships are offered to full-time, first-time freshmen and are renewable for up to three years for undergraduate students who maintain full-time status and good academic standing.
2023-2024 First-Year Scholarships
2024-2025 First-Year Scholarships
Aurora University scholarships and awards will be awarded based on availability of funds. We recommend that you apply for admission and submit all documentation as early as possible. Institutional awards cannot exceed the overall cost of tuition and fees. All scholarship and grant amounts listed are for the academic year; fall and spring semesters. Please note that Degree Completion or AU Online students are not eligible for AU merit-based scholarships; these scholarships are not applicable to graduate tuition.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities for Full-Time, First-Year, and Transfer Students
In addition to the opportunities above, first-year and transfer students who are attending AU full time are eligible for the following stackable scholarships:
- Audition/interview required. Can audition with any instrument.
- Participation in music and theatre is required.
- Scholarship packets can be found at aurora.edu/musicscholarship and aurora.edu/theatrescholarship. For music program information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For theatre program information, email email@example.com.
- Available to full-time, traditional undergraduate students that are members of the Advent Christian Church.
- Awards vary depending on number of applicants and availability of funds, which is determined in July.
- An Advent Christian Endowed Scholarship application must be completed by the applicant and pastor and submitted to the Office of Financial Aid by June 1.
- Available to children and grandchildren of alumni who have earned a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree at Aurora University or George Williams College.
- An Alumni Legacy Grant application must be submitted to verify eligibility.
- Please note: This discount does not apply to online or graduate students. It also does not apply if you are pursuing a second bachelor's degree.
- Awarded to undergraduate students who have an immediate family member* enrolled concurrently at Aurora University or George Williams College.
- Each family member attending must be a full-time student.
- A Family Discount application must be submitted to verify eligibility.
- Please Note: This discount does not apply to Degree Completion, Graduate, and AU Online student accounts. It also does not apply if you are pursuing a second bachelor's degree. However, students enrolled in a Degree Completion, Graduate, AU Online, or second bachelor’s degree program can qualify their family member in a traditional undergraduate program for the Family Discount provided both students are enrolled full-time.
*Qualifying relationships must be biological or legal relationships and include the following:
Note that additional documentation may be requested to verify the relationship.
- Entering full-time freshmen who have been active Educators Rising members during their senior year (or longer) at one of the fifteen Educators Rising partnership schools.*
- Membership must be verified by the local advisors.
- EdRising Scholarship renewal criteria:
- Continuation as a declared Education major.
- Cumulative GPA at AU of 3.0.
- Active participation in the Educators Rising program at AU during the previous year as verified by the Educators Rising Coordinators.
(* Batavia, East Aurora, Hinckley-Big Rock, Kaneland, Metea Valley, Neuqua Valley, Oswego, Oswego East, Plano, St. Charles East, St. Charles North, Sandwich, Waubonsie Valley, West Aurora and Yorkville)