Aurora University First-Year Scholarships
First-year scholarships are based on merit, composite ACT/SAT score and high school grade point average (GPA). Merit awards made to full-time, first-time freshmen are renewable for up to four years for students who maintain full-time status and the required renewable GPA for each scholarship level.
The following scholarships and grants are available to students entering the university during the 2018-2019 academic year:
|Scholarship Name||Renewable GPA||Annual Amount|
|Board of Trustees Scholarship||3.0<||$15,000|
|James E. Crimi Presidential Scholarship||2.75||$14,000|
|Aurora University Opportunity Grant||2.0||$9,000|
|Aurora University Promise Grant||2.0||$3,000|
Aurora University Transfer Scholarships
Transfer students are eligible for merit awards based on their cumulative transfer GPA from all previous institutions attended. Merit awards are renewable for full-time transfer students who maintain full-time status and the required renewable cumulative GPA at each scholarship level during their undergraduate career.
The following scholarships and grants are available for full-time transfer students entering the university during the 2018-2019 academic year to pursue their first undergraduate degree:
|Scholarship Name||Cumulative Transfer GPA||Renewable GPA||Annual Amount|
|Presidential Transfer Scholarship||3.50 – 4.0||3.0||$9,000***|
|Deans' Transfer Scholarship||3.0 – 3.49||2.75||$8,000***|
|Spartan Transfer Scholarship||2.5 – 2.99||2.5||$7,000|
|Aurora University Transfer Grant||2.40 – 2.49||2.0||$4,000|
*** An additional scholarship of $2,000 will be awarded for Phi Theta Kappa and/or an additional scholarship of $1,500 for Alpha Beta Gamma members and/or Psi Beta members who have a cumulative transfer GPA of 3.0 or higher from all institutions attended. You must be an active member prior to your enrollment at Aurora University. Your membership will be verified from your official transcript(s) or Phi Theta Kappa, Alpha Beta Gamma and/or Psi Beta certificate and must be provided prior to enrollment at AU. Alpha Beta Gamma and Psi Beta members must also provide a letter of recommendation from their faculty advisor. These scholarships are renewable up to three years for full-time, transfer students who maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher at Aurora University.
Institutional awards cannot exceed the overall cost of tuition and fees. All scholarship and grant amounts listed are for the full academic year; fall and spring semesters. Please note that Adult Degree Completion or AU Online students are not eligible for AU merit-based scholarships.
Additional scholarship opportunities for full-time students:
|Scholarship Name||Amount per year|
|Advent Christian Endowed Scholarship||Varies|
|Alumni Legacy Grants||$1,000
$500 (part-time enrollment)
|Aurora University Family Discount||$500|
|Music and Theatre Scholarships||$500 - $3,000 for Theatre
$500 - $5,000 for Music
- Available to full-time, traditional undergraduate students that are members of the Advent Christian Church
- Awards vary depending on number of applicants and availability of funds, which is determined in July
- An Advent Christian Endowed Scholarship application must be completed by applicant and pastor and submitted to the Office of Financial Aid by June 1
- Available to children and grandchildren of alumni who have earned a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree at Aurora University or George Williams College.
- An Alumni Legacy Grant application must be submitted to verify eligibility.
- Please note: This discount does not apply to online or graduate students. It also does not apply if you are pursuing a second bachelor's degree.
- Awarded to undergraduate students who have an immediate family member* enrolled concurrently at Aurora University or George Williams College.
- Each family member attending must be a full-time student.
- A Family Discount application must be submitted to verify eligibility.
- Please Note: This discount does not apply to Adult Degree Completion, Graduate and AU Online student accounts. It also does not apply if you are pursuing a second bachelor's degree. However, students enrolled in an Adult Degree Completion, Graduate, AU Online or second bachelor’s degree program can qualify their family member in a traditional undergraduate program for the Family Discount provided both students are enrolled full-time.
*Qualifying relationships must be biological or legal relationships and include the following:
Note that additional documentation may be requested to verify the relationship.
- Entering full-time freshmen who have been active Educators Rising members during their senior year (or longer) at one of the fifteen Educators Rising partnership schools.*
- Membership must be verified by the local advisors
- EdRising Scholarship renewal
- Continuation as a declared Education major
- Cumulative GPA at AU of 3.0
- Active participation in the Educators Rising program at AU during the previous year as verified by the Educators Rising Coordinators
(* Batavia, East Aurora, Hinckley-Big Rock, Kaneland, Metea Valley, Neuqua Valley, Oswego, Oswego East, Plano, St. Charles East, St. Charles North, Sandwich, Waubonsie Valley, West Aurora and Yorkville)
Aurora University offers a $1,500 scholarship to admitted international students who are studying outside of the U.S. and Canada. The award is renewable for all 4 years as long as the student remains in good standing with the University. Scholarship decisions will be made with the consideration of all required application materials.
- Audition/interview required. Can audition with any instrument.
- Participation in music and theatre required.
- An application must be completed and returned to Samantha Chmara. For further information, you can contact Samantha at 630-844-5465. For music program information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For theatre program information, email email@example.com.
- This grant of $1,500 is awarded to students whose state of legal home residence is other than Illinois.
- Parents may not be Illinois residents.