Tips for Off-Campus Living
While living off campus, you should be especially concerned about your safety.
- Keep your windows and doors locked.
- Make sure all of your valuables have proper ID.
- Know your neighbors; introduce yourself early on.
- Keep a light or radio on if you are away from your house/apartment during the evening.
- Call 911 for emergencies.
Be Aware of Campus and Community Resources
There are many challenges involved in living independently, especially if you are doing so for the very first time. The following resources may be helpful in problem-solving situations:
- Friends make good listeners and mediators.
- Counseling Services can provide counseling for personal problems.
- The Wellness Center provides health services for Aurora University students.
- The Wackerlin Center for Faith and Action provides spiritual advice and guidance.
- The Dean of Students works to support off-campus students and communicate with campus and local law enforcement.