What is an RA?
Resident Assistants (RAs) are undergraduate students who live and work within the residence halls. RAs serve as role models within their communities by maintaining a positive, inclusive, safe, and welcoming community environment within their residence halls.
Apply to be an RA
We are pleased that you are considering a Resident Assistant position. The Office of Residence Life is looking for people who care about others, who want to work hard, and who are committed to helping make students' experiences at Aurora University positive. The RA job is an exciting learning experience and a great opportunity to develop your leadership skills. For more information, please contact the Office of Residence Life with any questions.
- Resident Assistants are responsible for the following areas:
- Community Development — A critical aspect of the RA position includes establishing a credible, visible presence on the floor. RAs are expected to promote a sense of belonging by establishing the foundations for a community, contributing to a sense of well-being for all residents.
- Resource Oriented — Acquire working knowledge of University academic and personal resources and refer residents to those resources as appropriate. This responsibility includes active knowledge of one’s own limitations with regard to intervention and information.
- Policy Enforcement and Safety — Review, understand, follow, and enforce University and Office of Residence Life policies and procedures at all times to ensure the safety and well-being of the residence hall occupants.
- Administrative Tasks — Complete all administrative tasks in a timely and accurate manner, including, but not limited to: incident reports, community development requirements, room condition reports, room change forms, check-out forms, verification reports, weekly reports, smoke detector logs, and duty logs. Communication, cooperation, accuracy, and timeliness in performance of administrative tasks are essential.
- Applicants must:
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Be in good standing with the University
- Attend an RA information session
- Submit and complete all steps in the application process
As you are considering the RA position and responding to the items on the application, please contact the Office of Residence Life at 630-844-7881, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or talk with an RA if you have any questions.