Resources and Links
If looking for a therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist off-campus, try using the following resources. When calling an agency, be sure to have your insurance information available. If you don't have insurance, many agencies work on a sliding scale. If you need additional help contact Counseling Services at ext. 5118.
Kane County information
For free, confidential information and referral guide to area human services, call 630-482-9494. There you can find resources for needs such as counseling, employment, financial, health, legal, shelter, support groups and others.
If you live in:
- Kendall County: 630-553-9100
- DuPage County: 630-627-1700 or www.dupagecris.org
- McHenry County: 815-455-2828
- De Kalb County: 815-758-6673 (health dept) 815-899-7080 (mental health)
- La Salle County: 815-433-3366 (health dept)
Other Useful Phone Numbers:
- Alcoholics Anonymous 24-hour info: 630-859-2444
- Alcohol/drug usage concerns
- Breaking Free 630-897-1003
- Community Counseling Center 630-966-7400
- AU Counseling Services 630-844-5118
- Cocaine Anonymous: 312-202-8898
- Domestic Violence
- Mutual Ground 630-897-0080
- Narcotics Anonymous: 630-848-4884
- Open Door Clinics (AIDS/HIV Information, testing or counseling): 630-264-1819 or www.opendoorclinic.org
- Pregnancy issues:
- Crisis Pregnancy Center of the Fox Valley 847-697-0200
- Kane County Health Department 847-695-0848
- Planned Parenthood 312-427-2275 (Hotline), 800-230-7526
- Rape/Sexual Assault
- Mutual Ground 630-897-8383 (Hotline)
- Community Crisis Center 847-697-2380
- Sexual Orientation Issues
- LGBT National Youth Talkline/GLBT National Help Center 800-246-PRIDE
- PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) 773-935-2398 or www.pflagchicago.com
- Fox Valley Crisis Line 630-482-9393, 1-800-SUICIDE (800-784-2433)
- Suicide Prevention Services 630-482-9696, spsfv.org
Other On-Line Resources:
Go Ask Alice:
Have a question about relationships, sexuality, sexual health, emotional health, fitness, nutrition, alcohol, nicotine or other drugs.
The Unabridged Student Counseling Virtual Pamphlet Collection:
From alcohol and substance abuse to how to write a good term paper, this site contains information for college students like you from universities across the country...and some other countries as well.
A variety of techniques are offered to help you manage your stress level when it gets too high.
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Education, this is a great starting place for finding health-related information. Provides links to useful websites on every health related topic you can imagine (including alternative medicine, mental health, etc).
Mental Health Information:
Sponsored by the National Institution of Mental Health.