Counseling Services has experience in treating various types of problems. Some common problems college students encounter are listed below:
- Feeling depressed.
- Family problems.
- Conflicts in a relationship.
- Being unable to concentrate on academic work.
- Breaking up.
- Feeling isolated and lonely.
- The death of a friend or family member.
- Coping with a traumatic incident.
- Lack of confidence and self-esteem.
- Anxiety about taking a test.
- Fears about talking to a professor.
- STRESS ... too much to do ... too many demands ... too little time.
- Alcohol and substance use and abuse.
- Sexual assault.
- An unwanted pregnancy.
- Serious concerns about a friend, roommate, or family member.
Consultation with a Therapist:
If you are unsure of how to handle a situation with a friend or family member who is a student at Aurora University, we encourage you to consult with Counseling Services at (630) 844-5118. A brief consultation may help you sort out the relevant issues, explore alternative approaches, and identify other resources.
Educate Yourself: Become Informed
It also helps if you become informed about the nature of the problem(s) your friend is confronting and the resources available to help them.