Field Experience Applications
Field Experience Application Due Dates
Application Due Dates-Summer 2020
SPED Internship ONLY
January 30, 2020
Application Due Dates-Fall 2020
November 15, 2019
Application Due Dates-Spring 2021
January 30, 2020
While you are completing your education degree, you will complete a variety of courses that provide hands-on experience in the classroom. Real-life field experiences are a valuable part of your education degree and give you the opportunity to work with students in the classroom. Prior to enrolling in courses with field experiences, certain prerequisites and applications must be completed.
Students may not seek their own placements.Please follow all instructions provided below in applying for your field experience placement(s).
The forms linked below are either in Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) format or Microsoft Word (.dot or .doc) format and you will need the proper software to view and print them. If you do not have Microsoft Office/Word available on your personal computer, you may complete these forms using an on-campus computer lab.
Preparing for your Field Experiences
- Apply for admission to the School of Education. In order for the application to be considered complete, the student must submit/and/or allow the following:
- application (obtain at Initial Professional Certification Educator Licence Office, Institute 222)
- $40 fee for fingerprinting paid to the Kane County Regional Office of Education
- proof of fingerprinting at Kane County ROE
- search of Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website and Illinois State Police Murderer and Violent Offender Against Youth Registry
- negative result for tuberculosis (TB) test
It is best to submit this application before your sophomore year or in the first semester at Aurora University for (transfer students). This application may be submitted at the same time the first field experience application is submitted.
- Meet all GPA and course prerequisite requirements of your program before the semester of your placement. Speak with your advisor for more information.
- Submit required field experiences application materials by above posted due dates. All applications are available in the tables below. Select the correct form for your Program, major, and desired placement type.
- All student teachers must complete physical/TB assessment within 90 days of placement. Check Moodle "Professional Educator Initial Licensure Program: General Placements and Field Experiences Information Board" for further information.
- Student Teachers are required to pass state tests during the semester before student teaching.
- All field experience candidates complete DCFS Mandated Reporter Training online prior to beginning their placement.
- Some districts may have additional requirements. Students needing to meet these additional requirements will be notified through their Aurora University email. The student may incur extra costs.
- All placements must be in a 30 mile radius of Aurora University. Placements can be up to a 1 hour commute from the Aurora University campus.
- Your application for a field experience does not enroll you in the associated course(s). Enroll/register using the procedure for your program.
- Students finishing program requirements and graduating beginning September 1, 2017 on will be required to pass IL content 197-200 for their elementary education (grades 1-6) license entitlement.
- Please contact the Office of Field Experiences if you have questions about the change in IL elementary content test requirements for licensure
Field Experience Applications (by major)
|Elementary Education||Dual Licensure (Elementary Ed/Special Ed)||Special Education (Undergraduate and Graduate)||Physical Education||Secondary Education||Early Childhood/Special Education||Spanish Education|
|Student Teaching Application||Student Teaching Application||Student Teaching Application (undergraduate)||PED3000 PE Elementary Methods (fall only)||Methods Practicum (fall only)||Methods Practicum||Methods Practicum (fall only)|
|Summer Internship for Special Education (graduate)||PED3050 PE Secondary Methods (spring only)||Student Teaching Application||Student Teaching Application||Student Teaching Application|
|Student Teaching Application (graduate)||PE Student Teaching Application|