Educators Rising is a national organization that promotes teaching as a viable career option. The organization strives to provide opportunities for members to develop qualities, attitudes, and experiences basic to successful teaching.
Aurora University Educators Rising partners with select local high schools and community colleges to offer scholarships to students who come to AU to study education. AU is the Illinois state model for Educators Rising college and high school partnerships.
Students enrolling at AU who major in education and graduate from one of our partnership high schools or community colleges are eligible for a $1,000 renewable scholarship. The Educators Rising Scholarship recipients must remain active in the Educations Rising organization while on the AU campus in order to renew their scholarship each year.
The qualifications are as follows:
- Entering full-time freshmen or transfer students must have been active Educators Rising members for the previous year at one of the Educators Rising partnership schools listed below
- Membership must be verified by the local advisors
To renew the scholarship, AU students must:
- Continue at AU as a declared Education major
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 while at AU
- Be an active participant in the Educators Rising program at AU during the previous year as verified by the Educators Rising Coordinators
High school partners: Batavia, East Aurora, Geneva, Hinckley-Big Rock, Kaneland, Metea Valley, Neuqua Valley, Oswego, Oswego East, Plano, St. Charles East, St. Charles North, Sandwich, Waubonsie Valley, West Aurora and Yorkville
Community college partners: Kishwaukee College, Waubonsee Community College, Elgin Community College, Illinois Valley Community College, College of DuPage