Listed below are links to resources that may be helpful to you as an AU student.
Campus Public Safety
Dining Services (Alumni Dining Hall, La Carte, Spartan Spot, Orchard Center 313*)
Information Technology Services
Wackerlin Center for Faith and Action
*Light food service is available in Orchard Center 313 Monday-Friday from 4-8 p.m.
Documents and Directories
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I login to my AU accounts?
- You will receive a letter from the ITS department via email and USPS that contains your AU user ID and password. This information will be used as your login for AU Email and Okta, which gives you single sign-on access to WebAdvisor and Moodle.
I forgot my password. Where can I get help?
- Your user ID and password are the same for all major systems: Okta, WebAdvisor, AU Email, and Moodle. For password assistance, contact the Information Technology Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-844-5790.
How do I get my grades?
- You can access your grades and request official transcripts through WebAdvisor.
I did not get a bill. What should I do?
- Bills are available in the Student Accounts section of WebAdvisor with your user ID and password.
How do I know if the university is closed due to inclement weather or an emergency?
- If the Aurora University campus is closed and all classes are canceled, a notice will be posted on aurora.edu, and an “AU Alert” email and text will be sent to students via the AU Alert emergency notification system. You are automatically signed up to receive text AU Alerts. To change the cell phone information on file, log in to your WebAdvisor account and select “Students.” Click “AU Address Change” and enter your cell phone number and provider.
Is there a photocopier/computer printer on campus for student use?
- Students can use any of the computer labs on campus. Computer labs with free printing are available in Alumni Hall, Dunham Hall, Phillips Library and at Orchard Center. Photocopiers are available for a small fee in Dunham Hall and Phillips Library. Students will need their AU ID card or login information when using all on-campus printers.
How do I add or drop a class?
- We recommend consulting your academic advisor or department prior to adding or dropping a class, as there may be further academic and/or financial considerations.
How do I know which book to order for my class? How do I order them?
- Books are listed for your courses in WebAdvisor. You can view them by navigating to “My Schedule” under the “Academic Planning” section and selecting your term within the drop down menu. By clicking on a course name, a new window will open that features a link towards the bottom of the page that you can click to view books needed for the course. This link will direct you to a list of books needed for your course on the bookstore’s website. You can choose to buy or rent your textbooks.
Do you have additional questions?