Why become a teacher?
You’re passionate about changing the lives of children and adolescents. You find joy in helping others discover new things. And you believe in the power of education.
Thousands of AU Education graduates are successful teachers today. That’s because of the unique strength of our programs.
- Early childhood special education (with bilingual/ESL)
- First through sixth grade (elementary education or elementary education with bilingual/ESL)*
- High school English, history, mathematics, or biology (secondary education)
- Physical education (for kindergarten through 12th grade)
- Special education
- Bilingual/English as a second language students
- Coaching and youth sports
- Health in middle schools
- STEM (to deepen your ability to teach science, technology, engineering and mathematics)
- How children of different ages learn and grow
- How to build a curriculum
- How to lead a classroom
- Students interested in teaching high school pursue a major in Biology, English, History, or Mathematics alongside a supplemental major in secondary education.
- All Education students have the opportunity to take coursework toward endorsements in ESL/Bilingual education and Special Education.
- The curriculum for physical education majors will include a built in endorsement in health education (grades 6-12).
As an undergraduate Education major at Aurora University, you will participate in an enriching student teaching experience. This important part of your journey puts you in charge of a real classroom in a local school while you are still a student at AU.