Why become a teacher?
You’re passionate about changing the lives of children and adolescents. You find joy in helping others discover new things. And you believe in the power of education.
Thousands of AU education graduates are successful teachers today. That’s because of the unique strength of our programs.
You will work toward one of many career paths when you major in education at Aurora University. They include teaching:
- Early childhood special education (with bilingual/English as a second language)
- First through sixth grade (elementary education)
- High school English, history, mathematics, biology or chemistry (secondary education)
- Physical education (for kindergarten through 12th grade)
- Special education
And you can add a minor so you can also teach:
- Bilingual/English as a second language students
- Coaching and youth sports
- Health in middle schools
- STEM (to deepen your ability to teach science, technology, engineering and mathematics)
- How children of different ages learn and grow
- How to build a curriculum
- How to lead a classroom
- Your area of specialty (for example, History or Special Education)
As an undergraduate education major at Aurora University, you will participate in an enriching student teaching experience. This important part of your journey puts you in charge of a real classroom in a local school while you are still a student at AU.