Social and Recreation
As part of AU’s Pathways Collegiate Program, students will have an opportunity to practice social skills and develop relationships in fun and relaxed settings.
A wide array of social activities and recreational outings are available. Freshmen, sophomores, and first-year transfer students are required to attend a minimum of one weekly activity each month and two monthly outings each semester. Juniors, seniors, and transfer students who have completed at least one year of the Pathways Collegiate Program, are required to attend a minimum of one weekly activity each month and one monthly outing each semester.
Some activities require students to bring cash or a credit card to pay additional fees or for leisure spending.
The goals of the activities and outings are to:
- Develop independent living skills
- Make friends
- Get used to using public transportation
- Have fun!
Weekly activities may include:
- Group dinners
- Gym/fitness groups
- On-campus game/movie nights
- AU sporting events, theatre, art, and other on-campus activities
- On-campus volunteer opportunities with Libby’s Place and Wackerlin Center for Faith and Action
Monthly activities may include:
- Sporting events
- Bowling, laser tag, miniature golf
- Volunteer/Charity opportunities
- Movie theatre premieres
- Shopping at a mall
- City of Chicago events