Why study to receive the English as a Second Language (ESL)/Bilingual Endorsement at Aurora University?
This program will enhance your knowledge and skills to better meet the linguistic and academic needs of English Language Learners (ELLs). The program meets the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) requirements for both the ESL Endorsement and Bilingual Endorsement, including the 100 clock hours, when added to your Professional Educator License.
You do not need to speak another language to attain your ESL Endorsement. If you speak another language and would like to attain your Bilingual Endorsement, you must pass a Target Language Proficiency Test.
- Program length:
- Program type: endorsement
- Tuition: View current rates
- Location options: Woodstock Center
- 18 semester hours of ESL/Bilingual coursework
- 100 clock hours embedded in coursework
- Bilingual classroom teacher
- Dual language teacher
- ESL classroom teacher
- Inclusive classroom teacher