Camp Spartan Pathways College Preparation Program for Students with ASD
The Pathways track of Camp Spartan is full for 2022. Please check back in early 2023 to apply for next year's camp!
Pathways College Preparation Program for Students with ASD: July 10-22, 2022
High school sophomores, juniors, and seniors, and recent high school graduates with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can preview and prepare for the college experience this summer at Aurora University. Students will take non-credit courses taught by AU faculty, participate in social and recreational activities, and learn to develop the executive functioning skills needed to succeed in college. The goal of the program is to build a bridge for students as they transition from high school to college.
The Pathways College Preparation Program is a camp experience designed and staffed by experts in the field of autism with consultation from autistic individuals. All camp counselors and teacher assistants have received autism and neurodiversity training.
The program includes:
- Format options: Two-week Day Camp open to all campers or 12-night Residential Camp for rising seniors and recent high school graduates only.
- Integrated and inclusive environments with multiple Camp Spartan academic course offerings.
- A college preparation skills course that is focused on executive functioning and social skills.
- Social and recreational activities with an emphasis on social skills.
- Weekend social and recreational outings with support, including a trip to Chicago, for Residential Campers.
- An afternoon celebration with families on the last day of camp.
- Be a rising high school sophomore, junior, or senior, or potential transfer student with ASD.
- Be under the age of 21.
- Have a strong interest and the academic ability to attend college on a degree-seeking basis.
- Tour campus, participate in a Q&A, and meet Pathways staff before the start of camp.
- Be a rising high school senior or potential transfer student under the age of 21 to participate in the 12-night Residential Camp.
|Pathways: Two-week Day Camp||$1,895 for two weeks|
|Pathways: 12-night Residential Camp for Rising Seniors and Recent Graduates under 21||$3,995 for two weeks|
Payment plans and need-based financial aid may be available upon request.
Explore more about Aurora University's Pathways college programs for students with ASD here.