Candidates for the Master of Social Work program benefit from a rolling admission policy. There is not an application deadline, but students are encouraged to complete their admission file in a timely manner. AU evaluates applications as they arrive and acceptance decisions are shared with students throughout the admission cycle.
- A completed Graduate Application for Admission
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from all prior undergraduate and graduate colleges and/or universities. Aurora University accepts official electronic transcripts at AU-ETranscripts@aurora.edu
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with an average GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students with a GPA of less than 3.0 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your professional or academic abilities
- Statement of Purpose. Your personal statement should be typewritten, double-spaced narrative of two to three pages and reflect standards of graduate-level writing. Please address the following in your statement.
- Why have you chosen to pursue a MSW degree and what are your professional aspirations?
- Why have you chosen Aurora University to pursue your MSW?
- If your GPA is below 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, were there extenuating circumstances that affected your past academic performance? Please explain.