Educator's License with Social Work (Endorsement)
Why pursue an educator’s license with a social work endorsement at Aurora University?
This program provides the pathway to become a school social worker. Our program meets Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) requirements to become endorsed as school social workers in Illinois. The program is available as a specialization for students currently enrolled in the Master of Social Work degree, or as an endorsement-only program for students who have already completed an MSW degree.
- Program length: 60 semester hours (traditional students), 30 semester hours (advanced standing students), or 12 semester hours (for those who already hold an MSW degree)
- Tuition: $600 per semester hour
- Traditional and advanced standing students will take six courses in exceptional children, reading content, social work policy, and field instruction.
- Post-MSW students will take four courses.
- All students will participate in a field placement.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
This graduate certificate program is approved as a Gainful Employment Program through the US Department of Education and is, therefore, eligible for Federal Student Aid. Disclosure Statements about occupations, on-time graduation rate, tuition and fees, and median loan debt for this program can be found here.
Experiential learning opportunities
Through work in the classroom and in the field, you will be able to address social-emotional issues, provide support to families, assist with academic performance, and improve the well-being of students.
This program prepares you to work in an Illinois public school setting as a school social worker.
Get hired by the best
Our graduates are successfully employed in public school districts across the state.