Professional Educators License (PEL) with School Social Work Endorsement
Why pursue a Professional Educators License (PEL) with School Social Work Endorsement at Aurora University?
This program provides the pathway to become a school social worker. Our program meets Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) requirements to become endorsed as school social workers in Illinois. The program is available as a specialization for students currently enrolled in the Master of Social Work degree, or as an endorsement-only program for students who have already completed an MSW degree.
- Program length: 60 semester hours (traditional students), 30 semester hours (advanced standing students), or 15 semester hours (for those who already hold an MSW degree)
- Tuition: View current rates
- Traditional and advanced standing students will take six courses in exceptional children, reading content, social work policy, and field instruction.
- Post-MSW students will take five courses.
- All students will participate in a field placement.
Experiential learning opportunities
Through work in the classroom and in the field, you will be able to address social-emotional issues, provide support to families, assist with academic performance, and improve the well-being of students.
This program prepares you to work in an Illinois public school setting as a school social worker.
Get hired by the best
Our graduates are successfully employed in public school districts across the state.