Director of Special Education Endorsement
Why earn a Director of Special Education Endorsement?
The Director of Special Education Endorsement program prepares Illinois teachers and administrators for administrative roles in the special education field.
In Aurora University’s Director of Special Education Endorsement Program, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills you need to be an effective special education administrator. You’ll study real-world issues, discuss challenges, and identify solutions with classmates in similar positions. You’ll learn innovative ways to connect with those you lead.
Candidates who complete this program and successfully complete the required State of Illinois examination will receive Illinois State Board of Education endorsement as a special education director.
- Small class sizes – Average class size is 15 students
- Convenient classes – Fully remote course format designed for working professionals
- Fast time to completion – 4 courses (12 semester hours)
- Evaluating and improving student support services
- Interpreting and complying with Special Education laws and policies
- Special Education program staffing, hiring, and evaluation
- Including parents and community members as active participants
- Supporting and mentoring school and district leaders
- Understanding Special Education finance regulations and policies
- Assistant principal
- Department chair
- Human resources administrator
Get hired by the best
Our graduates have been hired in a variety of schools across the state of Illinois. These include public, private, parochial, and special education settings.