Summer 2022 Aid Application
Please submit this form as soon as possible after December 1, 2021. Our office will start preparing summer financial aid packages in March 2022.
The Office of Financial Aid will notify you of additional items needed. Please allow at least 2 weeks for your file to be reviewed. Aid cannot be processed after the summer term has ended.
All fields with a red asterisk (*) are required.
Steps to Apply
1. Students must be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for federal loans.
|Full-time||12 credits||6 credits|
|Three-quarter-time||9 credits||5 credits|
|Half-time||6 credits||3-4 credits|
2. Students interested in receiving financial aid for summer term must have completed the 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be admitted as a degree-seeking student during the 2021-2022 academic year. The deadline to complete a 2021–2022 FAFSA is June 30, 2022.
3. Complete the bottom portion of this form.
4. You will be notified via AU email once your summer award letter is available through WebAdvisor. All needed documents will be listed through WebAdvisor in “My Documents.” A paper award letter is only mailed to new AU students approaching their first semester.
• If you have already used your annual financial aid eligibility in the fall and/or spring semesters, you will be notified of alternative options.
|Annual Stafford Loan Maximum|
|Freshman (0-29 credits)||$5,500||$9,500|
|Sophomore (30-59 credits)||$6,500||$10,500|
|Junior (60-89 credits) and Senior (90+ credits)||$7,500||$12,500|
• If after the spring semester your total cumulative GPA and pace of completion do not meet the standards outlined in the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy, you will be ineligible for financial aid for the summer term and all future terms. Should this occur, you will have the right to appeal this decision. Notification of this process is soon after the end of the spring semester.
• All students can consider using a payment plan with Student Accounts.
• If you plan to utilize ONLY veteran benefits and no other financial aid during the summer term, you are NOT required to submit this application, but you will need to submit the Summer 2022 Veteran Benefit Certification Request (F4).