BSN Admission Requirements
Students are admitted to the nursing program after completing all of the pre-requisites and general education requirements. The nursing curriculum begins in the student’s junior year.
In addition to the Aurora University undergraduate admission requirements, students applying to the nursing program should:
- Complete a School of Nursing application, available in the School of Nursing office.
- Earn a satisfactory score on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS).
- Possess a grade-point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale at Aurora University or other regionally accredited higher education institution.
- An interview may be required at the discretion of the Admissions, Policies and Standards Committee.
- Applicants who are graduates of foreign secondary schools where the primary language of instruction is not English or whose primary language is not English must obtain a composite score of at least 550 (or a 213-220 on the computer-based test) from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or ELS Level 109.