The Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Finance programs at AU prepare you for a career in financial management through coursework in accounting, economics, management, marketing, information science and finance. Elective courses will provide you with in-depth study of corporate finance, investments, portfolio management, financial markets and personal financial management. And, you’ll gain essential practical experience both in your courses and through your professional internship.
To earn an undergraduate degree in finance, you will complete at least 120 semester hours in general education and business courses. You also must complete concurrently all of the requirements for the major in business administration (47-48 semester hours).
The Bachelor of Arts in Finance major includes:
- 25 semester hours of business core classes
- 15 semester hours of business and finance courses
- Nine semester hours of required finance courses
- Professional internship, to be completed in the junior or senior year
- Supporting coursework in communication, mathematics, sociology, psychology, writing and philosophy is strongly recommended.
The Bachelor of Science in Finance major includes:
- All of the requirements of the bachelor of arts program
- Six additional semester hours in operations research, statistics and calculus
The minor in finance includes:
- 22 semester hours of finance courses, including 13 semester hours of required courses and nine semester hours of finance electives.
- Up to nine semester hours can be applied to both the business administration major and the finance minor
AU will prepare you to begin a variety of careers in the financial management realm. Finance majors are generally among the most in-demand college majors, as well as among the highest paid for new graduates.