Field Experience Application Due Dates
Application Due Dates Summer 2016
Application Due Dates Fall 2016
Application Due Dates Spring 2017
While you are completing your education degree, you will complete a variety of courses that provide hands-on experience in the classroom. Real-life field experiences are a valuable part of your education degree and give you the opportunity to work with students in the classroom. Prior to enrolling in courses with field experiences, certain prerequisites and applications must be completed.
Students may not seek their own placements. Please follow all instructions provided below in applying for your field experience placement(s).
The forms linked below are either in Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) format or Microsoft Word (.dot or .doc) format and you will need the proper software to view and print them. If you do not have Microsoft Office/Word available on your personal computer, you may complete these forms using an on-campus computer lab.
Preparing for your Field Experiences
- Apply for admission to the School of Education. In order for the application to be considered complete ,the student must submit/and/or allow the following:
- application (obtain at Initial Professional Certification Educator Licence Office, Institute 222)
- $40 fee for fingerprinting paid to the Kane County Regional Office of Education
- proof of fingerprinting at Kane County ROE
- search of Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website and Illinois State Police Murderer and Violent Offender Against Youth Registry
- negative result for tuberculosis (TB) test
It is best to submit this application before your sophomore year or in the first semester at Aurora University for (transfer students). This application may be submitted at the same time the first field-experience application is submitted.
- Receive a passing score on the Test of Academic Proficiency or complete form to use ACT plus Writing with a score of 22 or higher and a minimum 19 in Combined English/Writing or SAT 1030 composite score (Critical reading + Mathematics)and a minimum 450 in writing or higher.
- Meet all GPA and course prerequisite requirements of your program before the semester of your placement. Speak with your advisor for more information.
- Submit required field experiences application materials by above posted due dates. All applications are available in the tables below. Select the correct form for your Program, major, and desired placement type.
- All student teachers must complete physical/TB assessment within 90 days of placement. Check Moodle "Professional Educator Initial Licensure Program: General Placements and Field Experiences Information Board" for further information.
- Student Teachers are required to pass state tests during the semester before student teaching.
- All field experience candidates complete DCFS Mandated Reporter Training online prior to beginning their placement.
- Some districts may have additional requirements. Students needing to meet these additional requirements will be notified through their Aurora University email. The student may incur extra costs.
- Your application for a field experience does not enroll you in the associated course(s). Enroll using the procedure for your program.
- Illinois elementary education licensure will change beginning September 1, 2017. Those students finishing program requirements and graduating with license entitlement prior to August 31, 2017 will be required to pass Il content test 110 for their K-9 License.
- Students finishing program requirements and graduating beginning September 1, 2017 on will be required to pass IL content 197-200 for their elementary education (grades 1-6) license entitlement.
- Please contact the Office of Field Experiences if you have questions about the change in IL elementary content test requirements for licensure
IMPORTANT INFORMATION to help you through the process:
Questions? Log in to Moodle and enroll in this board to learn more. No enrollment key needed: "School of Education: General Placement & Field Experiences Information Board"
|UNDERGRADUATE Field Experience Applications: BATL Programs (by major)
|Elementary Education||Dual Certification Elem. Ed and Special Ed||Special Education||Physical Education||Secondary Education|
|PED 3000 Methods for Elementary School (fall only)|
|PED3050 Methods for Secondary School (spring only)||Methods (fall only)|
|Student Teaching Application||Student Application for Elementary Education and Special Education combined (20 weeks)||Student Teaching Application||Student Teaching Application||Secondary Ed Student Teaching Application|
|GRADUATE Field Experience Applications: MATL/MLEE and MASE
Master of Arts Teacher Licensure
|Master of Arts Special Education||
Type 29 Certification
|Student Teaching Application||Student Teaching Application||Student Teaching Application|
|Internship for Special Education Summer Only|