Field Experience Application Due Dates
Application Due Dates for Summer 2013
SPED Internship ONLY
January 30, 2013
Application Due Dates for Fall 2013
November 15, 2012
Application Due Dates for Spring 2014
January 30, 2013
Fingerprint process changed, effective Sept. 6, 2012.
While you are completing your education degree, you will complete a variety of courses that provide hands-on experience in the classroom. Real-life field experiences are a valuable part of your education degree and give you the opportunity to work with students in the classroom. Prior to enrolling in courses with field experiences, certain prerequisites and applications must be completed.
Students may not seek their own placements. Please follow all instructions provided below in applying for your field experience placement(s).
The forms linked below are either in Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) format or Microsoft Word (.dot or .doc) format and you will need the proper software to view and print them. If you do not have Microsoft Office/Word available on your personal computer, you may complete these forms using an on-campus computer lab.
Preparing for your Field Experiences
- Apply for admission to the College of Education. In order for the application to be considered complete the student must submit the following:
- $40 fee for fingerprinting
- result of FBI fingerprinting
- result from National Sex Offender Registry
- negative result for tuberculosis (TB) test
It is best to submit this application before your sophomore year or in the first semester at Aurora University for transfer students, but this application may be submitted at the same time the first field-experience application is submitted.
- Receive a passing score on the Basic Skills Test or Test of Academic Proficiency (test-preparation course offered by the College of Education).
- Meet all GPA and course prerequisite requirements of your program before the semester of your placement. Speak with your advisor for more information.
- Submit required field experience application materials by above posted due dates. All applications are available in the tables below. Select the correct form for your Program, major, and desired placement type.
- Student Teachers are required to pass state tests the semester before student teaching.
- Student Teachers complete DCFS Mandated Reporter Training online prior to beginning their placement.
- Some Districts may have additional requirements. Students needing to meet these additional requirements will be notified through their Aurora University email.
- Your application for a field experience does not enroll you in the associated course(s). Enroll using the procedure for your program.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION to help you through the process:
Questions? Log in to Moodle and enroll in this board to learn more. No enrollment key needed: "College of Education: General Placement & Field Experiences Information Board"
|UNDERGRADUATE Field Experience Applications: BATC Programs (by major)|
|Elementary Education||Dual Certification Elem. Ed and Special Ed||Special Education||Physical Education||Secondary Education|
|Pre-Teaching Application EDU 2900|
|PED 3000 Methods for Elementary School (fall only)||Dual Placement (Pre-teaching AND Methods, Fall ONLY)|
|PED3050 Methods for Secondary School (spring only)||Methods (fall only)
|Student Teaching Application
||Student Application for Elementary Education and Special Education combined (20 weeks)||Student Teaching Application||Student Teaching Application||Secondary Ed Student Teaching Application|
|GRADUATE Field Experience Applications: MATC/MLEE and Post-Baccalaureate Students (by major)
Master of Arts Teacher Certification
|Post Baccalaureate Secondary Education Certification||Master of Arts Special Education||
Type 29 Certification
|Student Teaching Application||Student Teaching Application||Student Teaching Application||Student Teaching Application|
|Internship for Special Education Summer Only|