The Wackerlin Center houses Aurora University’s campus ministry programming and chaplain’s office. We are here to help students grow in their faith and take part in services, conferences, and discussions that will help them cultivate their beliefs as well as see and value the perspectives of other spiritual traditions. No matter what faith or denomination you are everyone is welcome at all of our campus ministry events.
Faith-based Student Organizations
- Delight Ministries is a Bible study for women. Meetings are held at the Wackerlin Center every week on Tuesdays from 5:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes gives athletes opportunities to connect with other competitors and grow in their faith. It meets Thursday nights at 7 p.m. in the Wackerlin Center
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon for prayer, Bible study, and fun at the Wackerlin Center. AU’s longest-running campus ministry group, IVCF also sponsors conferences and retreats throughout the semester.
- Encounter helps students encounter Jesus. It meets Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. in the Institute for Collaboration, Room 108.
- Chaplain Chats: Join Chaplain Mark in the residence halls for a monthly conversation on faith, service, and leadership.
- Pastoral Care: Our University Chaplain is available to all students, faculty, and staff who might find it helpful to meet when needing emotional or spiritual support. Situations may include:
- When making a difficult decision
- When feeling lonely, disconnected, or confused
- When facing a crisis
- Wanting to explore meditation, prayer, or silence
- Wanting to explore a relational or vocational path
- Campus Services: Throughout the year, our University Chaplain presides over numerous worship services in our on-campus chapel, Lowry Chapel. The worship services are on hold temporarily due to the pandemic with plans to resume in fall 2022. Check back here for updates.
- Local Places of Worship: Please contact Chaplain Mark for a list of local places of worship in the greater Aurora area.
For more than 125 years, Aurora University faculty and staff and students and alumni have joined together in prayer, whether during chapel service, at Convocation or Commencement, during the Alumni Service of Remembrance, or during a Fellowship of Christian Athletes gathering or a Delight Ministries Bible Study meeting. Prayer can lessen burdens, increase joy, offer comfort, and provide solace.
In this spirit, the Wackerlin Center for Faith and Action has established a virtual prayer community and request board where you can submit individual prayers. Every Friday, Chaplain Mark Woolfington will lift these prayers during his weekly devotional on the Wackerlin Center Facebook. Click here to share a prayer request.
Mark Woolfington, University Chaplain
Follow us on social media: