The Wackerlin Center houses Aurora University’s campus ministry programming and chaplain’s office. We are here to help students grow in their faith and take part in services, conferences, and discussions that will help them cultivate their beliefs as well as see and value the perspectives of other spiritual traditions. No matter what faith or denomination you are, everyone is welcome at all of our campus ministry events.
Throughout the year, our University Chaplain will preside over numerous worship services in our on-campus chapel, Lowry Chapel.
Chaplain’s Outreach Events
- Coffee with the Chaplain – every first Wednesday of the month from 10-10:30 a.m. in Dunham Hall atrium, come and grab a cup of coffee and have a chance to meet and talk with Chaplain Mark
- Movies with the Chaplain – periodically throughout the academic year, Chaplain Mark will host a movie night at the Wackerlin Center around a particular theme. Come watch a movie and enjoy some treats.
- Chaplain Chats – In each of the residence halls on campus, Chaplain Mark will host discussion forums and speaker events at different times during the year with the resident students. Information on dates and topics of these talks will be posted in each residence hall, or you can contact your RHD for more details. Come, listen, and participate!
Our University Chaplain is available to all students, faculty, and staff who might find it helpful to meet when needing emotional or spiritual support. Situations may include:
- When making a difficult decision
- When feeling lonely, disconnected, or confused
- When facing a crisis
- Wanting to explore meditation, prayer, or silence
- Wanting to explore a relational or vocational path
Please contact Chaplain Mark Woolfington at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-844-6175.
Local Places of Worship
Please click here for a list of local places of worship in the greater Aurora area.