Coronavirus (COVID-19) - 16 March 2020
16 March 2020
COVID-19 Advisory 7.0
The Aurora University leadership continues to closely monitor developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). We are meeting regularly to discuss implications for our students, faculty, and staff and we will continue to provide updates here as information becomes available. We anticipate that things will continue to evolve; therefore, please read these updates in their entirety to make sure you have the most up-to-date information.
- All residence halls on the Aurora and GWC campuses will close as of noon on Wednesday 18 March. Students must be out of the residence halls by that time. It is not necessary to remove all personal items from residence hall rooms, only those items that will be needed while classroom instruction is suspended.
- The Aurora campus Residence Life staff will work with students who will have difficulty moving out by that time. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-844-7881. At GWC, the Vice President for Academic and Student Life will provide direction to residential students.
- Students will hear from their deans and faculty about specific academic plans by Tuesday 17 March.
- With the exception of the Dining Hall, all campus common spaces on the Aurora campus, including the library, fitness centers and weight rooms, and computer labs are closed.
- GWC students will be notified about food service hours on the GWC campus.