Coronavirus (COVID-19) - 9 March 2020
9 March 2020
COVID-19 Advisory 3.0
Aurora University is closely monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. The health, safety, and well-being of our community is our top priority. At this time, there is no indication that any of our campuses are affected, but contingency planning is well underway. We will continue to update this page regularly to keep you informed.
Travel policies and campus restrictions
Effective now through at least May 3:
- All university-related international travel is prohibited.
- All personal international travel is strongly discouraged.
- All university-related non-essential domestic air travel is prohibited.
- We strongly urge extreme caution and judgment for your personal domestic travel.
If you have questions about this travel policy, please contact the following people:
- Students – Lora de Lacey, Executive Vice President for Student Life, firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 844-5510
- Faculty – Frank Buscher, Vice President for Academic Affairs, email@example.com or (630) 844-5252
- Staff – Mary Weis, Vice President for Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 844-3866
Recent travel to affected areas
As a reminder, anyone who has traveled to a location with a CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice for COVID-19 (including China, Iran, Italy, and South Korea as of March 9, 2020), or has been in contact with anyone who has, must self-isolate for 14 days. This means that you must not return to campus until those 14 days have passed. Should you fall within this guideline, please notify Amir St. Clair at email@example.com or (630) 844-3869. More information on self-isolation is available here.
If your home is in Illinois, Wisconsin, or a neighboring state, you may be asked to return to that residence for the isolation period. The university then will take appropriate steps to notify faculty and other appropriate parties regarding your absence. The university will maintain regular communication with you during the isolation period in order to respond to any questions or concerns you may have during this 14-day term.
Visits to Health Services – Aurora Campus
Effective immediately, Health Services on the Aurora campus will not be accepting walk-in patients. Appointments must be scheduled in advance by calling Health Services at (630) 844-5434.
What to do if you have been exposed
If you suspect you have or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, seek medical counsel immediately by calling your health care provider.