The Center for Student Success can help you in every stage of your career exploration and job search. We will meet you where you are, supporting you as you progress throughout your career.
- Personal statement development – Who are you, what do you do, and where do you add value to a company or organization? You will use this statement on your resume, when networking, and so on.
- Online networking – Make sure your online presence is professional and represents your best self. If you don’t already have a presence on LinkedIn, consider creating one.
- Professional headshots – Get free, professional headshots to use for networking and professional purposes.
- Professional calling card – Get your free “calling cards” that you can give to networking contacts. The information will include your name, major, and contact information. Consider them your “pre” business cards. Each student can receive 25 free.
- “Spartan interviews”
Handshake is an interactive platform that allows students to search for jobs and internships, as well as connect with employers within the Handshake community.
- Focus2 A career and education planning system for college students. Access Code: Spartan
- What can I do with this major? Learn typical career areas and related job duties to determine whether the career is a vocational fit.
- Humanmetrics is a personality test to help discover talents and preferences. Upon completion of the assessment, you will receive your Myers’-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and careers which are most suitable for your personality type.
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook is published annually by the United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is a great resource for job information including description of tasks and responsibilities, education and training required, job forecasts, salary ranges, and additional resources.
- O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
- Dunham School of Business and Public Policy Internships
Sundays @ 7
Join AU alumni for a 45-minute ZOOM conversation about their career path. Learn insights into specific industries and how to get hired. This is your opportunity to make connections and to build your professional network.
To view the full schedule click here.