Senior Administrative Assistant
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Senior Administrative Assistant at Aurora University supports learning by providing quality administrative and clerical support to the senior leadership of Aurora University.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University is an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning. As a teaching-centered institution, we encourage undergraduate and graduate students to discover what it takes to build meaningful and examined lives. We empower our students to achieve lasting personal and professional success.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets guests and screens incoming phone calls.
- Provides administrative support for the appropriate office.
- Manages calendar and daily appointments for the senior leadership. Provides appropriate parties with background information and/or supporting documents in preparation for scheduled appointments, interviews, etc.
- Proofreads and edits documents, newsletters, and correspondence on behalf of the department. Handles appropriate distribution of all correspondence.
- Purchases office supplies and ensures supplies are organized and accessible.
- Distributes campus mail and prepares all outgoing mail.
- Arranges for all senior leadership travel including transportation, accommodations, and setting of appointments.
- Maintains all paper and electronic files related to the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database capabilities. MS Office skills required.
- Excellent communication skills; listening, writing, and speaking. Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work under limited supervision. Ability to multi-task while being detail-oriented.
- Ability to move about campus in clement/inclement weather, spend long periods of time at a computer station, and interact verbally via electronic mail and telephone.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references including name, telephone, and email address.
If you were referred by a current employee of Aurora University please include the name of the employee in your submission.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.