Junior Systems Administrator
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Junior Systems Administrator supports learning by maintaining existing software applications and developing new applications in support of the management information needs of Aurora University and various university departments.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University is an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning. As a teaching-centered institution, we encourage undergraduate and graduate students to discover what it takes to build meaningful and examined lives. We empower our students to achieve lasting personal and professional success.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, maintain, and support AU’s Learning Management System (LMS) and administrative systems that are used by AU students and faculty.
- Develop, maintain, and support Windows/Linux (RHEL/CentOS), VMware, and Storage Infrastructure.
- Develop, maintain, and support system backups.
- Schedule and train for applications such as Moodle.
- Create and maintain server and system documentation.
- Develop, maintain, and support the ITS website.
- Administer and support the physical security system.
- Collaborate with ITS team to plan, implement, and support system design changes and updates for existing and new systems.
- Monitor applications and systems.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- A+, MCSA/MCSE, or CCNA preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience supporting Windows or Linux-based servers.
- Working knowledge of server and storage hardware.
- Working knowledge of data security applications.
- Administration and deployment of open source applications.
- Training end users on applications preferred.
- Administering systems from the command line and scripting preferred.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Active Directory and automated Windows application deployment.
- Quick learner with great prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and be dependable.
- Ability to accept divergent views while maintaining a constructive working relationship with other team members.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Travel to alternate sites as needs demand.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references including name, telephone, and email address.
If you were referred by a current employee of Aurora University please include the name of the employee in your submission.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.