Information Services Librarian
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Information Services Librarian possesses a strong service orientation and is adept with current library technology. The main responsibilities are to provide reference and instructional services to the Aurora University community. This is a part-time 9-month position with hours in the evening and weekends.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University is an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning. As a teaching-centered institution, we encourage undergraduate and graduate students to discover what it takes to build meaningful and examined lives. We empower our students to achieve lasting personal and professional success.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide reference and library services during the fall and spring semesters for our night and weekends shifts.
- Keep up-to-date on library services and work in collaboration with other staff on collaborative projects.
- Assist in bibliographic instruction, interlibrary loan, and collection development.
- Monitors evening and weekend information desk student-employees.
- Assist with circulation and other library-related questions.
Essential Job Requirements:
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited school. Current library students encouraged to apply.
- Academic library experience or coursework preferred.
- Proficient with database searching techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to troubleshoot computers and copy machine issues.
- Knowledge of LibGuides and LibChat Preferred.
- Must be able to move about the library and move books/items on carts.
- Must be able to shift books from cart to shelf.
- Must be able to bend and lift 15 pound objects.
- Must have visual ability sufficient to read/interpret call numbers and other information on books and documents.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.