Housekeeper - $16/hr (Williams Bay, WI)
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
The starting pay for this position is $16.00 per hour. In addition, a sign on bonus of $500 will be paid after 90 days of employment.
Position Purpose: Housekeepers are responsible for undertaking general cleaning duties and achieve and maintain the highest possible standard of cleaning in all college accommodation and service for our students, visitors and guests.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University is an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning. As a teaching-centered institution, we encourage undergraduate and graduate students to discover what it takes to build meaningful and examined lives. We empower our students to achieve lasting personal and professional success.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs regular cleaning of floors, walls, counters, windows, classroom boards, restrooms and building exteriors, according to established standards. Periodically deep clean hard surface floors and carpeted floors.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures and surfaces in restrooms, shower facilities, as well as drinking fountains. As needed, resolves problems such as plugged toilets, sinks, floor drains and roof drains. May perform preventive maintenance on drains, traps and water filters.
- Uses industrial vacuum cleaners, buffers, extractors, auto scrubbers, shampooers and other assigned equipment. Cleans equipment after use, including emptying bags and fluid tanks in preparation for subsequent use. Reports problems and deficiencies in facilities and maintenance equipment to lead and/or supervisor, including any safety issues. Returns tools, equipment and supplies to designated areas.
- Fills paper product dispensers in restrooms and other designated areas. Empties and cleans trash receptacles and recycling containers.
- Cleans spills as needed, including body fluids with exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Adheres to security procedures in opening and locking facilities.
- Launders cleaning supplies.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Complies with all company, safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Maintains clean and orderly conditions in all working areas for purpose of observing all safety practices and regulations.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, recommendations, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Job-related experience is preferred.
- Strategic thinking and orientation with the ability to identify and to solve problems.
- The ability to deal with multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and the flexibility to deal with changing needs.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents; the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external audiences.
- Customer-service focused.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends for University sanctioned events.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency with all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work
- The ability to work independently and as a member of the George Williams College team.
- Strong enthusiasm, motivation, and drive.
- Valid driver’s license for at least three consecutive years. Driving record free of major violations. Evidence of Insurability and proof of continuous insurance.
- Successfully pass a thorough background investigation, pre-employment physical examination, and a pre-employment drug screening.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; significant climbing and balancing (25 pounds); significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 60% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury.
- Must maneuver around campus and the hilly terrain with ease.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references including name, telephone, and email address.
If you were referred by a current employee of Aurora University please include the name of the employee in your submission.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.