Groundskeeper (Williams Bay, WI)
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Grounds Manager and Director of Facilities, the groundskeeper works independently to perform a wide range of landscape maintenance duties, working safely with gas and diesel-powered equipment including mowers, tractors, chainsaws, etc., and attending to plants, trees, and lawns. Performs daily routine maintenance and minor repairs to equipment and grounds features as needed.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University is an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning. As a teaching-centered institution, we encourage undergraduate and graduate students to discover what it takes to build meaningful and examined lives. We empower our students to achieve lasting personal and professional success.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs a full range of landscape maintenance duties including leaf removal, pruning shrubs and trees, spraying and fertilizing, lawn care, and watering.
- Removes litter and empties trash cans.
- Cleans roads, parking lots, and walkways to ensure safety for pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- Constructs carpentry features and masonry structures for special landscape projects.
- Provides full care for designated indoor plants.
- Removes ice and snow from walkways, roads, and parking lots, including the application of ice melt and road sand using snow plows and sanders.
- In the event of unscheduled closures due to weather events and/or other circumstances is considered "essential personnel" for reopening the college.
- Selects and establishes new plants and plantings in both landscape and the garden culture.
- Performs vector control including trapping and disposing of small animals and insects.
- Perform periodic maintenance of lawn equipment and vehicles.
- Assists with moving, loading, unloading, and storing supplies, furniture, and equipment.
- Respond to 24-hour emergency calls.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Complies with all company, safety, and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
Essential Job Requirements:
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions requires the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; significant climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 60% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury.
- Must maneuver around campus and the hilly terrain with ease.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references including name, telephone, and email address.
If you were referred by a current employee of Aurora University please include the name of the employee in your submission.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.