Graduate Assistant for Strength and Conditioning (Masters of Exercise Science)
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: Aurora University, a NCAA Division III institution, invites applications for a graduate assistant in Strength and Conditioning. This is a 12-month position beginning in Summer 2020. This position will report directly to the Director of Strength and Conditioning. The graduate assistantship includes a tuition waiver and a stipend of $5,000 per year.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordination of assigned teams’ training schedules; supervision of lifts, conditioning sessions, and other training events.
- Establishment and maintenance of proper communication with sport coaches, athletic trainers, athletics staff, and the strength and conditioning staff.
- Designing training programs and making necessary modifications when needed.
- Teaching and executing proper technique of lifts and drills.
- Exercise science lab supervision and management.
- Assisting university faculty and staff in research investigations.
- Assisting with the maintenance and upkeep of training facilities.
- Adherence to all Aurora University, NCAA, and Conference rules/regulations.
- Assisting strength and conditioning coaches in testing and monitoring athletes as needed.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- Current national certification: CSCS by the NSCA, SCCC by the CSCCa, and/or USAW.
- AED/CPR/First Aid certification required.
- Previous exposure to lab equipment and sports performance technology including a metabolic cart, Bod Pod, EMG, force plates, and Team BuildR is preferred.
- Possess a strong knowledge base on training methods with previous experience in Olympic lifts and facility management.
- To apply for the graduate assistantship, please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references including name, telephone and email address to email@example.com.
- Interested applicants must also apply and be admitted to the Master of Exercise Science program on the main campus. For more information regarding admission to the graduate program at Aurora University: https://aurora.edu/academics/graduate/exercise-science/daytime-program.html
- For full consideration, applicants (1) must apply for the GA position and (2) be accepted into the Master of Exercise Science program on the main campus by the deadline of 15 December 2019.
- Evening and weekend availability is required.
- Flexibility with an evolving work environment important.
- Physical ability to endure physically strenuous work-outs and physical exercise on a daily basis, including standing and/or walking for long periods, bending, stooping, lifting; manual dexterity; lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to move about campus and between locations.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.