Graduate Assistant for Athletic Training
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: Aurora University, a NCAA Division III institution, invites applications for a Graduate Assistant (GA) in Athletic Training. This is a 12-month position beginning in Summer 2020. Reporting to the Associate Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Wellbeing, the Graduate Assistant is responsible for assisting with the injury prevention, treatment and comprehensive healthcare for all 22 NCAA intercollegiate athletic teams and three ACHA club ice hockey teams in consultation with athletic staff. The graduate assistantship includes a tuition waiver and a stipend of $5,000 per year.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- The Graduate Assistant will assist the athletic training staff with the daily operation of all Aurora University athletic training facilities, event coverage for practices and competitions.
- Implementation of all emergency medical procedures.
- Implementation and review of all athletic training and athletic department policies and procedures.
- Assist with budgeting and inventory process.
- Serve as a CAATE accredited preceptor for AU’s Athletic Training Education Program.
- Responsible for documentation of all evaluations, treatments, rehabilitations and referrals.
- Assist in reviewing all student-athlete pre-participation medical paperwork.
- Adhere to all Aurora University, NATA, NCAA, and Conference rules/regulations including HIPAA and FERPA.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in athletic training from a CAATE accredited athletic training education program
- NATABOC certification required
- AED/CPR/First Aid certification required
- Previous experience with NCAA Division III athletic preferred.
- Experience with ATS or similar electronic medical records system preferred.
- Applicant must possess strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with student-athletes, coaches, and athletic administrators.
- Must obtain and maintain a State of Illinois Athletic Training License.
- To apply for the graduate assistantship, please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references including name, telephone and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application procedures: Interested applicants must first apply and be admitted to the Master of Science in Exercise Science program on the main campus. For more information regarding admission to the graduate program at Aurora University: https://aurora.edu/academics/graduate/exercise-science/daytime-program.html
- Evening and weekend availability is required. Flexibility with an evolving work environment important.
- Physical ability to endure physically strenuous work-outs and physical exercise on a daily basis, including standing and/or walking for long periods, bending, stooping, lifting; manual dexterity; lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to move about campus and between locations.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.