Field Affiliation Coordinator, School of Social Work (part-time)
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Field Affiliation Coordinator supports learning by coordinating affiliation agreements between the School of Social work and field sites. The Field Affiliation Coordinator advises social work students in preparation for their field placements, managing field file materials and facilitating connection between the student and the field site through the coordination of any pre-requisite processes.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides advising to social work students specifically related to field instruction.
- Approves proposed field placements as students submit field application forms reflecting secured placements.
- Coordinates affiliation agreements between the School of Social work and field sites.
- Manages field instruction files for students, including required field paperwork (field application, learning agreement, evaluations, liability insurance).
- Evaluates the progress of the student within the learning environment, specifically if the student has been trained in social work skill/tasks, if student has opportunity to practice skill and if student is receiving feedback and supervision from the MSW supervisor at the internship. Evaluation data is gathered from field student, field instructor and field site.
- Assigns students to the field site for monitoring during the field placement.
- Manages problem solving for students and field placements when barriers to student learning are presented by field liaison.
- Communicates with new and potential field placements and field instructors in effort to broaden student learning opportunities in the field.
- Submits grades for field students to the registrar once requirements are completed.
- Obtains knowledge of the BSW and MSW programs operating at all the Aurora University campuses and communicate mission and learning/teaching objectives to students and field instructors.
- Participates in recruitment events for undergraduate and graduate programs.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work required
- Experience and/or interest in online education is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Generalist social work skills/knowledge
- Excellent conflict resolution or mediation skills
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to move about campus and other locations
- Ability to use computer, telephone, email or office equipment
- Ability to drive a vehicle to various field placement locations
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.