Social Work Faculty Position (MSW Online Program)
Aurora University seeks talented faculty who are passionate about teaching and learning. As a private institution, Aurora University expects faculty to be involved in the lives of students through mentoring, student support, enrollment initiatives, and other activities related to the college experience. To facilitate this highly interactive faculty/student relationship, the typical teaching load is three 4 credit-hour courses per semester and student advising is supported by professional staff. Evidence of successful teaching, or a strong potential for successful teaching, is required for all positions. Undergraduate faculty share in the delivery of the general education program, most often by teaching within the university's interdisciplinary core.
SOCIAL WORK (MSW Online Program): Assistant Professor, Tenure Track
(Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.)
The School of Social Work invites applications for Assistant Professor of Social Work in the MSW program (tenure-track) to teach online and face-to-face courses. We are an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning. Our faculty members are accessible, and our academic and support programs are designed to help students succeed.
Successful candidates will be expected to participate in curricular development, program assessment, student advising, supervising internships and student groups, and engage in institutional service and scholarship per the requirements of the Faculty Handbook. As participating members of the faculty, the successful candidate will be expected to participate in the activities of the University and department, including recruiting, mentoring, and other service. This includes campus-based activities, and it is expected that faculty will live in an area in which they can travel to Aurora, Illinois regularly.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Professor in the School of Social Work teaches in the MSW face-to-face and online programs under the guidance of the Director of Graduate Studies in the School of Social Work. The Assistant Professor teaches 12 semester hours each academic semester for a total of 24 semester hours during the academic year. Courses in the online and face-to-face modalities would be taught.
- Participate in recruitment efforts for the MSW program; works with Admissions Office
- Maintain effective administrative relationships with central institutional, administrative, advisement, admissions, and registrar officers
- Live in an area in which they can travel to Aurora, Illinois regularly
- Maintain current membership in and participate in CSWE
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent academic programs to the University
- Carry out other duties as may be designated by the Dean or Director of Graduate Studies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- MSW from a CSWE accredited institution. D.S.W or Ph.D. in social work or related discipline preferred.
- Previous experience working in an academic setting.
- Good communication skills; listening, speaking, and writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience teaching online and face-to-face courses in social work.
- Knowledge of computer applications including: word processing, spreadsheet, and database capabilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with a diverse student population.
All benefit-eligible faculty positions offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Applications must include a letter of intent including description of education, certifications held, and all relevant experience, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers (candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted). Electronic applications welcomed.
Please submit application materials as follows:
Faculty Search, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
347 S. Gladstone Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.