Executive Director for Digital Strategy
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Executive Director for Digital Strategy supports learning by strengthening the university’s reputation, financial support, and sustainability through development and execution of digital strategies that raise visibility of the university and increase engagement with the university’s alumni, donor, and community audiences.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop a website content strategy to accomplish the university’s enrollment, fundraising, and reputational goals.
- Maintain ownership of the quality and consistency of the university’s web presence.
- Develop and maintain annual editorial calendar for the university website.
- Write, curate, and oversee other writers and content producers in the development of website content.
- Develop strong search engine optimization (SEO) copy to maximize indexing and ranking.
- Develop and maintain relationships with academic leaders and other functional experts across the university to ensure content accuracy, timeliness, and relevance to the university’s mission and goals.
- Manage a Senior Director of Digital Communications and a Web Manager.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required. Master’s degree in marketing or digital communications preferred.
- A minimum of seven years of web content development experience is required. Prior higher education experience is preferred.
- Significant experience in digital communications.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent client management skills
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred
- Able to work independently
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to move about campus
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.