Director of Academic Technology
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Director of Academic Technology serves as an advocate and ombudsman for the use of technology used in teaching and learning. The Director of Academic Technology enables innovative pedagogy and information sharing through effective use of technology to enhance the student experience.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work collaboratively with administrators, deans, directors, faculty, academic and administrative staff, and students in identifying and implementing effective uses of technology for teaching and learning.
- Educates faculty and students about the effective use of technologies, including learning management systems, assessment, academic lntegrity tools, digital courseware, lecture capture systems, and electronic portfolios.
- Serves as the Advocate for academic technology providing leadership and oversight of academic technology operating at both the tactical and strategic levels
- Provides direction in integrating and supporting various instructional technologies for teaching and learning to enhance the educational experience
- Oversees the technical aspects of faculty assessment
- Provides individual consultations and ln-class workshops, and instructional design
- Partnering with academic programs to integrate forward thinking technology into curriculum design and implementation
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Teaching background preferred.
- At least 5 years of teaching and/or information technology experience at a college or university in a supervisory and/or management role.
- Demonstrated familiarity with business processes and functions across a university environment. Demonstrated knowledge, leadership and management of technology. Demonstrated expertise in e-learning, instructional design and distance education. Demonstrated expertise in pedagogy and teaching methods.
- The ability to interact in person, via electronic media, and on the telephone.
- The ability to move about campus and between locations.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule as needed with some weekends and evenings required.
- Ability to travel to other campus locations as necessary.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.