Business Assistant or Associate Professor (Clinical Track)
Aurora University seeks talented faculty who are passionate about teaching and learning. As a private institution, Aurora University expects faculty to be involved in the lives of students through mentoring, student support, enrollment initiatives, and other activities related to the college experience. To facilitate this highly interactive faculty/student relationship, the typical teaching load is three 4 credit-hour courses per semester. Student advising is supported by professional staff. Undergraduate faculty share in the delivery of the general education program, most often by teaching within the university's interdisciplinary core. Evidence of successful teaching, or a strong potential for successful teaching, is required for all positions. Experience teaching at a smaller, private institution is highly preferred.
Position Purpose: Aurora University seeks a full-time, clinical-track faculty member, at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, to teach in the Dunham School of Business. The faculty member will also contribute to the development of new programs and curricula in their area of expertise; preference will be given to candidates with experience in project management, entrepreneurship, or human resources. This faculty member will be passionate about teaching and learning and will help realize the vision of the university and the Dunham School of Business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teach across the graduate and undergraduate curriculum in business and in the university’s general education curriculum.
- Actively contribute to program and curriculum development in the department.
- Mentor students outside the classroom and assist with their career preparation.
- Provide service to the department and the university through committee work and participation in campus events.
- Provide service to one’s professional community at the local, regional, national, or international level.
- Engage in activities that practice the faculty member’s professional expertise; Aurora University places particular value on those activities that inform the faculty member’s teaching.
- Contribute to recruitment and retention efforts of the university.
Education: Graduate degree in business or related field; preference for candidates with expertise in one of the following: project management, entrepreneurship, or human resources.
Experience: Current and substantial experience in the industry in the faculty member’s area of expertise.
Skills: Those skills required to carry out teaching and professional activity in one’s area of expertise.
Physical Requirements: Those activities that enable the faculty member to carry out their responsibilities, such as moving about campus and using a computer.
All benefit-eligible faculty positions offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Applications must include a letter of intent including description of education, certifications held, and all relevant experience, current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers (candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted). Electronic applications welcomed.
If you were referred by a current employee of Aurora University please include the name of the employee in your submission.
Please submit application materials as follows:
Faculty Search, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs
347 S. Gladstone Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.