Assistant Registrar - Student Records
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Assistant Registrar is a member of the leadership team within the Registrar's Office and supports learning by assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Registrar's Office.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collect, record, maintain and report academic records in accordance with FERPA and university best practices.
- Determine eligibility for student athletes.
- Responsible for all aspects of the roster verification process.
- Process updates to the student record such as the application of general petitions, course substitutions, medical or academic leave of absences, and withdrawals along with other data entry as needed.
- Work closely with students and other departments to resolve issues and improve students' experience and satisfaction with the university.
- Process all non-standard registrations.
- Assist with Academic Conduct and Integrity/Standards processing.
- Assist with graduation processes.
- Train appropriate professional and clerical staff.
- Aid in the maintenance and annual update of Colleague.
- 11. Provide back-up for day-to-day records and registration services, including registering students, issuing transcripts, answering phones, responding to requests, scanning, reporting grades, posting transfer/non-institutional credit and working special events.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required
- One to three years' prior experience in a Registrar's Office or comparable field preferred
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague and Student Planning preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to work effectively with diverse populations of students, faculty and staff
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in response to changing priorities
- Strategic thinking with the ability to identify and to solve problems
- Excellent computer skills, to include the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to move about campus, spend long periods at a computer station, and stand for extended periods of time.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.