Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Assistant Registrar is a member of the leadership team within the Office of the Registrar and supports learning by assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Registrar’s Office.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University is an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning. As a teaching-centered institution, we encourage undergraduate and graduate students to discover what it takes to build meaningful and examined lives. We empower our students to achieve lasting personal and professional success.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collect, record, maintain, and report academic records in accordance with FERPA and university best practices (i.e., enrollment data, athletic eligibility, and completion data).
- Aid in the maintenance and annual update of Colleague.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the master schedule of classes in Colleague as well as associated timelines and related duties preparing for registration. Coordinate the final exam schedule.
- Oversee graduation processing, including graduation applications, degree clearance and certification, associated workflows, diploma production, and distribution. Oversee the coordination of commencement activities as related to the Office of the Registrar, including the preparation of materials for the commencement program, and other related tasks.
- Process all non-standard registration (i.e., courses by special arrangement, independent studies, internships, and at-large students).
- Responsible for all aspects of the roster verification process.
- Investigate and resolve registration issues from students, faculty, and staff. Work closely with other departments to resolve issues and improve students’ experience and satisfaction with the university.
- Provide back-up for records and registration services, including registering students, issuing transcripts, answering phones, responding to counter requests, scanning, reporting grades, evaluating transfer credit, and working commencement and other special events.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to three years experience in a registrar’s office.
- Prior experience in a registrar’s office or comparable field is required.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to work effectively with diverse populations of students, faculty, and staff.
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in response to changing priorities.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to identify and solve problems.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to move about campus, spend long periods at a computer station, and stand for extended periods of time.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references including name, telephone, and email address.
If you were referred by a current employee of Aurora University please include the name of the employee in your submission.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.