Adjunct Faculty - Communication
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Aurora University is looking to build a pool of qualified part-time faculty to teach a variety of courses. The ideal candidate is able to teach across the curriculum, contributing to the department’s mission to develop critical and ethical communicators able to create, analyze, and manage messages in a variety of media. We have need of candidates able to teach in any of the following areas: business/professional/visual communication, content/technical writing, interpersonal/intercultural communication, critical media studies, multimedia storytelling, and persuasion.
- Business Communication (undergraduate - Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Digital Content Writing (undergraduate – Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Interpersonal/Group Communication (undergraduate - Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Introduction to Professional and Technical Writing (Freshman/Sophomore level)
- Persuasion (undergraduate - Junior level)
- Public Speaking (undergraduate - Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Visual Communication (undergraduate – Freshmen/Sophomore level)
We have needs for faculty during the 2019-20 academic year. Classes are offered days and evenings at the Aurora Main Campus.
Candidates must have a completed master's degree in communication or related field with preference given to candidates with industry experience.
Please email resume or curriculum vitae, plus cover letter stating the specific areas you are interested in teaching to:
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.