Adjunct Faculty - Communication
Aurora University seeks talented adjunct faculty who are passionate about teaching and learning. Adjunct faculty are qualified part-time instructors offered teaching opportunities based on course demand and staffing.
Aurora University is looking to build a pool of qualified part-time faculty to teach a variety of courses. The ideal candidate is able to teach across the curriculum, contributing to the department’s mission to develop critical and ethical communicators able to create, analyze, and manage messages in a variety of media. We have need of candidates able to teach in any of the following areas: business/professional/visual communication, content/technical writing, interpersonal/intercultural communication, critical media studies, multimedia storytelling, and persuasion.
- Business Communication (undergraduate - Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Digital Content Writing (undergraduate – Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Interpersonal/Group Communication (undergraduate - Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Introduction to Professional and Technical Writing (Freshman/Sophomore level)
- Persuasion (undergraduate - Junior level)
- Public Speaking (undergraduate - Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Visual Communication (undergraduate – Freshmen/Sophomore level)
We have needs for faculty during the 2019-20 academic year. Classes are offered days and evenings at the Aurora Main Campus.
Candidates must have a completed master's degree in communication or related field with preference given to candidates with industry experience.
Please email resume or curriculum vitae, plus cover letter stating the specific areas you are interested in teaching to:
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.