Update - 17 February 2021
A message from Frank Buscher, Vice President for Academic Affairs:
Greetings from the Office of Academic Affairs in Eckhart Hall! As we hunker down in the depths of winter, we would like to share some reminders and news of upcoming events. Please feel free to direct academic-related inquiries and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or your school’s academic dean.
The 2021–2022 course schedule (summer 2021–spring 2022) is available for viewing with the following registration dates:
- Monday, February 22, noon – Registration opens for ADC/AU Online/Graduate students
- Tuesday, February 23, noon – Registration opens for students who have earned 90+ credits
- Thursday, February 25, noon – Registration opens for students who have earned 60-89 credits
- Tuesday, March 2, noon – Registration opens for students who have earned 30-59 credits
- Thursday, March 4, noon – Registration opens for students who have earned <30 credits (who have completed advisor appointments)
- Thursday, March 4 – Registration appointments start for incoming transfer students beginning at AU in the summer or fall of 2021 and spring 2022
Financial Aid Awareness Month
Did you know that February is Financial Aid Awareness Month? This is a great time of year to complete the process of applying for financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA. The Office of Financial Aid has Zoom, phone, and walk-in appointments available to answer all of your financial aid questions.
It is also a time for you to apply for additional scholarships. Here are two that are featured on the AU Office of Financial Aid webpage:
- Stallmann Scholarship
- ACI Scholarship
Sundays @ 7 Career Conversation – Law School Panel
Thinking of going to law school? Want to learn more? Join AU alumni for a 45-minute Zoom conversation about their career path (register online for this event). On Sunday, February 21, at 7 p.m., join us for a Law School Panel discussion. This panel will feature three AU alumni and will be moderated by Dr. Matt Dabros, associate professor of political science and public policy and pre-law advisor. Students will gain an insight into how to prepare for law school at the undergraduate level, how to be a successful law school applicant, and how to succeed in law school.
Last Day to Withdraw – Spring 2021 Module 1 (first 8 weeks)
The last day to withdraw from a spring, module I, first 8-week course (21/S1) is Sunday, February 21, 2021. You may withdraw via WebAdvisor. Traditional day freshmen should contact their advisors for schedule changes.
- Log in to WebAdvisor.
- Click the Students tab.
- Click Register/Drop Courses under the Registration section.
- Click on, and accept the Financial Agreement Form.
- Choose Drop or Register for previously selected sections.
- Click the checkbox next to the Spring Module I 2021 section(s) you would like to drop, and then hit the Submit button.
A message will appear at the top of your screen after submitting that reads, "The following requests were processed." Review the messages carefully for accuracy.
You have done a great job in helping us minimize the spread of COVID-19! Check out the stats. That’s the good news. However, we need to remain vigilant to win this fight against a determined and clever opponent. While in the classroom, please remember to:
- Abstain from drinking and eating.
- Wear a mask.
- Practice social distancing.
Additionally, I want to remind you about surveillance testing for COVID-19. Several weeks ago, we began surveillance testing among student-athletes. Residential students, nursing students, and full-time regular employees also will be randomly selected for campus surveillance testing. Only a small subsection of each group will be tested each Wednesday, allowing the university to identify potential exposures, as well as better monitor potential outbreaks. Those selected will be notified about testing via email. For more information, please refer to the February 1 campus update.
Upcoming Events & Dates
- Wednesday, February 17, 7 p.m. - Academic Support Center’s Virtual Workshop on APA Style (register through Okta on the Academic Support Network app)
- Sunday, February 21 – Last day to drop a course with an automatic grade of “W” for S1 21 (first 8-week module) course
- Sunday, February 21 – Sundays @ 7 Law School Panel (register online for this event)
- Monday, February 22 – Undergraduate Research Symposium application and abstracts due (email to email@example.com)
- Thursday, February 25 – Virtual Job Search Workshop (register online for this event)
- Wednesday, March 3 – Virtual Career Fair (register online for this event)