Medical Professions (Pre)
Why study medical professions?
Do you have your eyes set on a career in the medical, veterinary, dental, pharmacological or optometric fields? The premedical professions program keeps you on track for your future.
These tracks are open to any major. They meet a growing demand for well-rounded medical professionals. Small lecture and lab classes are at the foundation of the track. A dedicated premedical professions advisor will guide every step of your educational journey. Upon completion of the track, you will be prepared to enter medical school or other professional schools.
As a student in the premedical professions program, you will be prepared to meet the admissions requirements of professional schools in:
- Chiropractic (with the Health Science major)
- Dentistry (with the Biology major)
- Medicine (with the Biology major)
- Optometry (with the Health Science major)
- Pharmacy (with the Health Science major)
- Physician’s Assistant (with the Health Science major)
- Podiatry (with the Health Science major)
- Veterinary sciences (with the Biology major)
Prepare for your future
The pre-medical professions program will equip you with the skills graduate schools value most: communicating your ideas, analyzing a problem, and working with others to find a solution. In a competitive market that’s evolving faster than ever, you'll have the knowledge and tools to succeed in in your post-college education.