Medical Professions (Pre)
Why study Medical professions?
If you are passionate about helping others and making a difference in society, and have a deep interest in science, you should consider the study of medicine. Medical professions involve lifelong learning and implementing communication and problem-solving skills — providing for a challenging and rewarding career.
With a major in Health Science, you can pursue an emphasis in a medical profession area of study. A pre-professional program will allow you to answer the growing demand for well-rounded medical professionals. Small lecture and lab classes are at the foundation of each program. A dedicated advisor will guide every step of your educational journey. Upon completion of your chosen program, you will be prepared to enter medical or other professional schools.
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine
As a student in one of the pre-professional programs, you will be prepared to meet the admissions requirements of professional schools in:
- Chiropractic (with the Health Science major)
- Dentistry (with the Biology major)
- Medicine (with the Biology major)
- Occupational Therapy (with the Health Science major)
- Optometry (with the Health Science major)
- Pharmacy (with the Health Science major)
- Physician Assistant (with the Health Science major)
- Physical Therapy (with the Health Science major)
- Podiatry (with the Health Science major)
- Veterinary Medicine (with the Biology major)
Prepare for your future
The pre-professional programs will equip you with the skills graduate medical and professional schools value most: communicating your ideas, analyzing a problem, and working with others to find a solution. In a competitive market that’s evolving faster than ever, you'll have the knowledge and tools to succeed in in your post-college education.