MPA Evening Program
The MPA Evening Program is designed for working adults who seek flexibility in their course schedules with evening classes offered at the Woodstock Center. The program can be completed in approximately two years of part-time studies.
These requirements will apply to students enrolling at AU in the 2018-2019 academic year.
The MPA degree requires 36 semester hours, including 21 semester hours of required core courses and 15 semester hours from electives, concentrations, and/or special topics courses.
Required core courses
Administration of Public Institutions (3)
Public Policy and Analysis (3)
Government and Community Relations (3)
Public Finance and Budgeting (3)
Program Evaluation: Data Analysis and Decision Making (3)
Advanced Seminar in Applied Public Administration (3)
Students must complete 15 semesters of approved elective coursework. MPA students may also select up to two non-MPA classes in accounting, business, or marketing graduate programs.
Principles of Community & Economic Development (3)
Nonprofit Management and Leadership (3)
Grant Writing, Philanthropy, and Advancement (3)
Public Safety Administration (3)
Public Sector Law & Civil Liability (3)
Special Topics in Public Administration (3)
Public Administration Internship (3-6)
- Complete the application for admission.
- Submit transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) for all prior college and/or university credit.
- Aurora University accepts official electronic transcripts at AUfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional resume.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a grade point average of 3.0 or greater (on a 4.0 scale). Students with a GPA of less than 3.0 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants may be required to complete an interview with the program director and provide letters of recommendation.