Why study mathematics at Aurora University?
Are you a mathematics or science teacher? Do you want to strengthen your mathematics content knowledge? Then this program is for you. It is built on a rigorous curriculum covering topics such as abstract algebra, real analysis as well as mathematics education.
- Program length: Eight semesters, including summer.
- Average class size: 18 students
- Tuition: View current rates. Financial aid is available through AU and potentially through your school district.
- Classes meet on campus one evening a week during the school year, and twice a week during the summer
- Coursework is relevant to the pre-college mathematics classroom
- This program has created a community of mathematics content and pedagogy experts
Experiential learning opportunities
You will participate in the same discovery experience as working mathematicians. You will also have opportunities to research your own teaching practices.
In most districts, obtaining a master’s degree results in a substantial pay increase. Doors to new positions are also opened. Additionally, graduates will be able to teach as mathematics adjunct faculty at universities and community colleges.
Get hired by the best
Districts that have hired our graduates include: West Aurora, East Aurora, Geneva, Plainfield, Naperville, Downer’s Grove, and Chicago Public Schools.