Exercise Science (MS)
Why pursue a graduate degree in exercise science at AU?
This Master of Science in Exercise Science program provides you with core foundational courses along with specialized courses in sports performance. Upon completion of the program, you will be well-prepared to take exams for certifications with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), such as the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and Tactical Strength and Conditioning Facilitator (TSAC-F). You will graduate ready for positions in fitness and strength and conditioning facilities in schools and professional settings. The MSES can lead to increased earning potential and expanded career opportunities.
The Plus One Daytime Program offers a streamlined path to your master’s degree through day classes held on the main campus and at AU Orchard Center. This program is a full-time, one year program.
The online program provides distant learners with a dynamic and interactive learning environment in a convenient and flexible format.
- Designed for early career professionals
- Generally, students will have recently completed their bachelor’s degree in a related field
- The program can be completed in one year
- Courses are held Mondays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. until noon
- You will have access to an excellent, state-of-the-art exercise science lab
- You will collaborate with members of the AU Strength and Conditioning department, giving you hands-on research with athletes
- All courses are taught by expert instructors with extensive experience in their fields
- Certified strength and conditioning specialist
- Clinical lab coordinator
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Exercise physiologist