We strive to recruit a diverse group of students who have had relevant and significant work and life experiences, and who can relate to diverse and vulnerable populations. We consider factors relating to the applicant’s academic ability, work, service and extracurricular experience, especially as they relate to promotion and development of resilient communities, organizations, social groups, families and individuals.
- A completed Graduate Application for Admission
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from any institution you attended. Aurora University accepts official electronic transcripts at AU-ETranscripts@aurora.edu.
Aurora University MSW alumni do not need to request transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your professional or academic abilities
- Current curriculum vitae or detailed resume. Non-MSW candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Professional clinical experience and a relevant clinical master’s degree are required.
- Writing sample in the area of Clinical Social Work Theory and Practice (5-15 pages)
- Personal statement that is a typewritten, double-spaced narrative of two to three pages and reflect standards of graduate-level writing. It should describe your motivation and aspirations for becoming a social worker. The following questions may be used as a guide:
- Why have you chosen to pursue a DSW, and what are you currently doing in the field of social work?
- Why have you chosen Aurora University to pursue your DSW?
Once all materials are received, applications will be reviewed. Qualified applicants will participate in a personal interview with the DSW Admission Committee.