We strive to recruit a diverse group of students who have had relevant and significant work and life experiences, and who can relate to diverse and vulnerable populations. We consider factors relating to the applicant’s academic ability, work, service and extracurricular experience, especially as they relate to promotion and development of resilient communities, organizations, social groups, families and individuals.
- A completed Graduate Application for Admission.
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from any institution you attended. Aurora University accepts official electronic transcripts at AU-ETranscripts@aurora.edu.
Aurora University MSW alumni do not need to request transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your professional or academic abilities.
- Current curriculum vitae or detailed resume. Non-MSW candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Professional clinical experience and a relevant clinical master’s degree are required.
- Writing sample in the area of Clinical Social Work Theory and Practice (5-15 pages).
- Submit a personal statement. This document should be typed, double-spaced, and no more than 1500 words that reflect standards of graduate level writing and demonstrating evidence of critical thinking.
- The School of Social Work at Aurora University empowers students through a holistic and transformative education. Why have you chosen to study in our DSW program at AU?
- Our inclusive learning community works to prepare social workers to competently build justice and systematic change for individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities while guiding students toward professional engagement. How will the mission of the program apply to your educational and professional aspirations?
- Upon completion of the program, how will you utilize your newly attained doctor of social work degree?
Once all materials are received, applications will be reviewed. Qualified applicants will participate in a personal interview with the DSW Admission Committee.