MSA Evening Program
The MSA Evening Program is designed for working adults who seek flexibility in their course schedules with evening and weekend classes. The program can be completed in approximately two years of part-time studies.
These requirements will apply to students enrolling at AU in the 2018-2019 academic year.
The MSA degree requires 33 semester hours, including 27 semester hours of MSA core courses and 6 semester hours of elective coursework.
Required core courses
Business Concepts and Environments (3)
Accounting Theory, Practice and Reporting (3)
Advanced Cost and Managerial Accounting (3)
Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting (3)
Advanced Attest Services (3)
Taxation of Corporations, Partnerships and Not-for-Profits (3)
Business Regulation (3)
Seminar in Professional Accounting Research and Practice (3)
Data Analytics (3)
Elective course topics (choose six semester hours)
Accounting Information Systems (3)
Design Thinking (3)
Internship in Accounting (3)
Special Topics in Accounting (3)
- Complete the application for admission.
- Submit transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) for all prior college and/or university credit.
- Aurora University accepts official electronic transcripts at AUfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional resume.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a grade point average of 3.0 or greater (on a 4.0 scale). Students with a GPA of less than 3.0 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants may be required to complete an interview the program director and provide letters of recommendation.