Experiential learning provides students with the opportunity to apply what they've done in the classroom to real-life scenarios. The internship experience focuses on six core learning outcomes:
- Student will be able to articulate and apply principles learned in and outside of the classroom to a specific internship site experience.
- Student will complete assignments that encourage in-depth reflection of the internship experience.
- Student will gain self-understanding, self-confidence, and interpersonal skills.
- Student will develop work competencies for a specific profession or occupation.
- Student will explore career options and gain general work experience.
- Student will complete any specific learning outcomes identified in supplemental documentation provided as part of the internship application process.