Event Policies and Procedures
Securing a Space
To request a space, please complete a room reservation request form located on the 25Live reservation system.
Please allow up to 7 business days for a reservation requesting resources (i.e. catering, setup, IT, CPS, or AV) to be processed. Please allow up to 3 business days for the event team to process requests without resources including classroom spaces.
- Once in the system, with your AU email/intranet username and password, you will see your home page, or dashboard. Select “Create an Event”.
- Fill out the form to the best of your ability.
- Use the “Required Event Description” box at the end of the form to communicate information to the event staff regarding important guests, special instructions and other such things not covered in the standard form. Please indicate the exact start and end time of your event. The Community Relations team will schedule adequate time for setup/take down.
*** IMPORTANT: Space is not reserved until you receive an email confirmation from Community Relations. Please do not schedule a guest speaker or an advertisement of your event until you receive a confirmation that your space has been secured. If you need assistance with reservations, contact Amy Nelson, University Events Specialist (x7834).
Changing or Canceling an Event
Send an email to Amy Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the number you received in your event confirmation (i.e. 2016-AABXYZ).
Use of classrooms for events that are not regularly scheduled classes are requested through the Community Relations office and will require Registrar approval. Classrooms are used “as is.” Special set-ups are not available in classrooms. Classrooms cannot be assigned for events until the first two weeks of the term are completed.
Event Planning Assistance
Contact Tracy Lief, Director of University Events at email@example.com or x5531.
Aurora University is contractually obligated to use Sodexo Food Service when serving food at any on-campus event. Contact the catering manager at x5784. Information about catering services can be found here.
No Sunday Policy
There are no events scheduled on Sundays. Event staff is not present on campus to provide services for Sunday events.
After Hours Events
If you experience problems (i.e., heating/cooling) at your event after hours, contact Campus Public Safety (CPS) at x6140. CPS has a list of emergency numbers to call to address a variety of issues.
Guidelines for Use of Facilities
- Student events are scheduled through the Student Activities office.
- Only freestanding signs or those secured with white poster putty are permitted. No signs are allowed in the University Banquet Hall.
- Directional signs must be removed at the conclusion of an event.
- Use of metallic glitter or confetti is prohibited.
- Alcohol (exclusive of the Welcome Center) and tobacco are prohibited from use on campus.
- Open flames (candles, incense, pyrotechnics, etc.) are prohibited.
- Event equipment (media or furniture) should not be handled by anyone other than authorized event staff.
- All food and beverages must be purchased through Sodexo (x5784).
- Animals on campus must be approved by the Community Relations office.
- All events must be conducted in a safe manner and comply with all municipal, state and federal laws.
- Campus facilities may not be used for fundraising by external groups without the written consent of the President. Political fundraising is prohibited.
- Events must be consistent with the philosophy, mission and goals of Aurora University.
This is not a comprehensive list. For more information please refer to the University Events Policies and Procedures manual (PDF).
Event External Speaker Policy
Aurora University provides the opportunity for external speakers to come to campus through a formal process in which an internal student organization, academic or administrative department must sponsor the external speaker. The request form for an external speaker must be completed in the 25 Live reservation system no less than (14) days prior to the event date. If you plan an external speaker after your 25Live reservation has already been processed, you must fill out the external speaker request form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of submission will be conducted by the Community Relations department and you will be notified of approval through a confirmation email. Approval of an external speaker requires a representative from the host group, organization or department to be present during the duration of the event. As submitting a request does not guarantee that the speaker will be approved, please refrain from confirming with your speaker until you have received written approval.
Classroom/Academic External Speaker Policy
For any faculty members bringing an external speaker to class, we ask that you notify the Community Relations department if your speaker holds VIP or elected official status. This can be done by emailing pertinent information to email@example.com at least (7) days prior to their attendance on campus.
Reserved Parking Policy
Reserved parking will be limited to Board of Trustees, donors, elected officials, and STEM superintendents. If you need to request reserved parking please input a reservation in 25Live - even if you are not reserving a room, you may still enter the reservation and ask for parking. Be sure to add the number of spots you are requesting and be specific who the parking is for. Once the reservation is entered, Becca Flaminio, Executive Assistant for the President, will be alerted and approve or deny directly through the 25Live system. Please do not email CPS or Becca directly, you will receive an approval email from 25Live. If you have an external guest coming to campus who does not qualify for reserved parking, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a temporary parking pass.
If you have any questions regarding the above policies please contact Tracy Lief, Amy Nelson, or Missy Thomas.