Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.POSITION PURPOSE: This position schedules all of the university events and meetings on campus through the use of the R25 scheduling system. The position is responsible for coordinating academic space for non-academic functions in conjunction with the university registrar. The position also works with Student Activities to coordinate student events. The coordinator is also the first contact for Aurora University through the university switchboard and is responsible for greeting visitors and guests via telephone and/or by email. Information and directions are given to visitors to appropriate areas/offices for meetings and programs.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service. Learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Coordinates all requests for use of space across the campus in all university buildings and locations, including but not limited to the University Banquet Hall, Crimi Auditorium and Perry Theatre.
- Follows up with university offices to coordinate the use of the functional space and ensures quality programming for the requestor.
- Maintains integrity of the data and constantly works to improve the capacity of the R25 scheduling system.
- Assists the director of university events with pre and post event set-ups and feedback. Attends event planning meetings by scheduling, taking minutes and assisting with necessary follow-up and evaluations.
- Provides back-up support for the iModules registration system and the Raiser’s Edge events module.
- Information and communications expert for Aurora University, in charge of the switchboard to answer and direct all incoming calls.
- Trains students, prioritizes tasks and monitors execution of duties. Supervises student workers with university projects.
- Supports Community Relations functions such as Arts & Ideas, university events, mailings, and other administrative duties.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills and general knowledge of university functions.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to identify and to solve problems and deal with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to deal with changing needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents.
- Strong Customer- service focus.
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (bilingual a plus).
- Excellent computer skills, with a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets (Excel), and the Internet. Familiarity with other computer functions (Raiser’s Edge, R25 Scheduling software, Imodules) preferred.
- The ability to work independently and as a member of the Community Relations team.
- Strong enthusiasm, motivation, and drive.
- Supervisory skills required.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand for periods of time.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to use computer, telephone, email, or office equipment.
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
Apply electronically, by fax or hard copy to:
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.